Vacation rentals are on the rise from providers such as Airbnb, Flipkey, Homeaway and others. And of course like everything else, it has advantages & disadvantages to it.
These are some of the advantages: –
1. It's adventurous, you have the opportunity to live someone else's life for days or weeks at a time. That could be very exciting and entertaining.
2. It's affordable luxury. You could get more luxury space for less.
3. There are a variety of options and amazing locations to traverse all over the globe. You have the opportunity to stay in areas that are common to others or not common at all, with all the advantages and disadvantages that poses.
4. You have an opportunity to connect with the locals and experience the true cultural aspects of your host destination such as the people, customs as well as the authentic cuisine.
5. In most cases, the host is less restrictive as to how many guests may share the lodging accommodations which could translate into more savings for you.
6. And of course, it's less restrictive with regard to guest parties and the overall nuisance factor.
However, in order to ensure lasting memories, you might want to consider some questions before you book your next vacation rental reservation:
1. Who will your neighbors be? Is anyone in the immediate neighborhood registered as a Child molester or rapist?
2. Has the house been thoroughly cleaned? Are bed bugs an issue? The bath tub, the bathroom, the kitchen, the carpet and every surface in the house, are they cleaned daily? And who is responsible for cleaning them? Will it be the owner, maid or a janitorial company?
3.When staying at a hotel you have the option to be transferred to another room when circumstances dictate, are there similar options available at the vacation rental of your choice?
4. Is privacy an issue. Are there surveillance cameras on the premises? If so, are the surveillance cameras being utilized for security measures or are they merely an invasion of your privacy?
5. Is your safety ever an issue? Will a land line telephone be included in the accommodations? Are the hosts trustworthy?
6. Do the tourism office, health department and / or government agencies provide oversight the vacation rental accommodations?
These are just some of the questions that you should consider before making travel arrangements. In order that you will have happier and safer travels for you and your loved ones.